Once we moved north and west, the weather cleared. The seas became calm, the skies blue. All a bit boring really.
I’ve spent the last three days eating, drinking, going to shows, having spa treatments, watching movies, sitting around the pool. In general, being totally pampered. I’m lacking sleep because there’s so much to do that I’m running from one thing to another, trying to fit as much in as I can before we dock tomorrow morning.
I’ll need a holiday to recover.
I'm home again and have found some things I'm having trouble getting used to again:
- I have to cook my own meals
- They aren't five course meals or presented a la carte
- I have to clean up after myself
- If I make a mess, it doesn't disappear when I leave the room for a couple of hours
- If I want a drink, no one will make it for me
- I go outside and there's no ocean
- I sit down and find myself rocking in time with the waves
- I no longer have a large library to work in. I'm back to my cluttered office
- The bed doesn't move. When I lie down, I stay still
- My shower is large enough to turn around in without bumping my elbows
- I'm not in close quarters with 2000 other people