This week I worked on my elephant some more. It's still not finished but it's getting there. I worked on the eye and a bit on the nose. The nose needs another layer. After that, I'll finish the tusk and add a bit of colour. I might finish it this week.
In between that, I've been editing Dragon God. I had some trouble with my computer in that it refused to save the document anywhere, or anyhow. It took several restarts before it began working properly again. It's a good thing I keep multiple copies of my files and I only lost 20 minutes work. Of course, in that 20 minutes I'd moved two chapters and rewritten one scene. I've started work on it again, reworking the chapter before the one I moved. It's so much better now, and I'm convinced it's because I've given my brain a break with the painting. I'll do another couple of chapters this weekend. Some of them go quickly, others need a lot of work, but that's the nature of editing.