The sun caught the bubbles and my yard was filled with floating, blowing spheres of iridescent blue, pink, green and purple.
It was magical. Like a fairy wonderland.
My mind has been caught on it ever since. At first, I simply enjoyed the experience. Then I enjoyed the memory (I wish I’d got photos). Now, 24 hours later, I’m wondering what kind of creatures would live in a world of iridescent bubbles.
I’m asking myself questions:
- Would they live inside the bubbles?
- Would the bubbles only happen at certain times?
- Are they a sign of extreme joy in the land?
- Are they an alarm system?
- A reaction of a plant or animal that finds itself threatened?
I have to stop now. I’m in the middle of writing one of the Tolifax Rising series (The Planet Whisperer) and I can’t let myself get distracted.
I’ll write a few notes, create a new Scrivener file and put it in the Books to be Written folder (there are a lot in there).